Tuesday 16 March 2010

Jess

Some of you may not have met her yet but this is Jess our collie pup who once she has grown up will be working with the sheep on the project.
She is now 5 months old and will begin her training in another couple of months, she has grown a little since this picture was taken.
It is a traumatic day for her today as I have left her at the vets to get speyed. Not an easy decision but as she is not a registered dog and and speying before the first season significantly reduces the change of mammary cancer in later life I felt it is for the best.
She turned on her usual charm for the vet nurses at Croft vets and I am sure she will be well looked after, my only concern is will I get her back or will they be trying to sneak her home with them! She did look rather sad as I left sitting in her cage when I left. All being well I will pick her up later this afternoon / evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment